Thursday, December 31, 2009

UPDATE on the birds and their entrance into parenthood

I have been absolutely amazed by this entire process. It is incredible the instinct that God has given these animals. Bindi has been an amazing mom thus far and Sydney is very very protective. I'm still not sure if any of the eggs are actually fertile, but I am hoping they are. This is a picture of Sydney checking out his babies when we only had 3 eggs, we ended up with 6 all together and Bindi had no problems laying, no egg binding or other issues so I am very thankful for that, I always knew when Bindi was laying because pappa bird would pace back and forth in front of the nest box and keep poking his head in from time to time lol..nervous dad. all 6 eggs
Sydney checking in on Bindi while she was laying an egg
Sydney warning me to stay away from the next box or he would give me a nasty bite, he bites hard too! You don't want to mess with this pappa bird, that beak is SHARP
Time for salad! I make them a salad every day, kale, kidney beans, seed mix, bananas, pears, carrots etc, whatever I have on hand to keep them healthy
This is Bindi sitting on her eggs, this is a very rare picture and I actually took it by accident so it is very special to me. So Sweet
Daddy guarding mamma and her eggs
I'm hoping we get a few peepers out of this, but if not we are definately getting a great lesson in reproduction and instinct I feel very blessed to be able to be a part of it,,,all the biting and being attacked while I'm cleaning out the cage? not so much lol, but it's so worth it all....stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment