Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving snuck up on me too quickly this year, but I did manage to get into some form of holiday cheer.
Thanksgiving was supposed to be at my sister's this year, but Jesse was so sick that everyone came to my house for dessert instead and the 4 of us had a very quiet dinner all by ourselves. I did miss my family being there for the entire meal. But it was really nice just being with my little family that day reflecting on all the things we had to be thankful for.
The kids decorated the fridge with their artwork
I made pumpkin cranberry muffins
..and pie it's just not Thanksgiving without pie..
Poor Jesse had been so sick all week and coughing so much that he broke a blood vessell in his eye! This amazed me I never had seen this before..it bothered me more than it bothered him. Poor kid
We have had a trying year with illnesses and insurance company fights. Even so we have a lot to be thankful for. The Lord continues to provide for us and put people in our lives that we need at the times that we need them. He continues to give me strength on the days that I know I just can't make it one more day, He pulls me through and I believe He will continue to pull me through those days as they come. Our families are nearby and there whenever we need them to be, we have such a fabulous support system and for that I am forever grateful. I am grateful for my children, I am grateful for the fact that I can homeschool them, that I am married to a man that is a wonderful, loving, involved father who would die for his children if they needed him to. I am grateful that he is my best friend and we are a team, always, no matter what. Together, with Jesus, we can get through anything. And most importantly I am Thankful that Jesus died on the cross for me, so that I can live forever in Heaven with Him. He died for you too, and He loves you no matter what you've done, He's already forgiven you. So, like the song says that's playing right now on this blog. Come home running...don't wait...do it now..time is short. His arms are open wide, waiting. Don't ignore Him..Come Home..




No comments:

Post a Comment