Monday, February 7, 2011

Steamboats, Things that float, Groundhogs, Chinese New Year and Fun with Juice

Busy Busy week last week with homeschooling, we learned about Robert Fulton and his Steamboat
We learned why things float and other things do not

..and conducted our own floating experiment
we were a little surprised that some things we though would float did not and vice versa


we then charted our guesses as well as the actual results



Groundhog day! I'm a little groundhog furry and brown, watch me pop up and look around, if I see my shadow down I'll go, 6 more weeks of winter OH NO!

Kitchen Science, fun with juice we studied the cells in oranges and apples and squished the juice out of them

then we painted pillowcases with grape juice to see how juice stains fabric and how they dyed their fabrics in the old days


very messy! I'm glad I decided to put garbage bags on the table before we started this

Lemon Juice Art, we squeezed some juice out of a lemon


Then we wrote disappearing secrect messages on white paper and let them dry, after we ironed the papers and the secret messages appeared. Very cool!

Our Chinese New Year Dragons

...and we also studied Mississippi!

No comments:

Post a Comment