Monday, June 1, 2009

Our Journey in Homeschooling

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am very excited to start this blog and hope that it ministers to you whether you are currently homeschooling or thinking about it for your family.
My name is Pam and I live in RI with my husband Jim and our 2 children. We have a 6yr old daughter and an almost 5yr old son. Our daughter is a healthy beautiful precocious little girl who has a very strong will, and a heart for God. Our son is brilliant, empathetic and makes an impact on anyone's life who comes in contact with him.
He was born with asthma and a rare disease called eosinophilic esophagitis and if you think that is hard to pronounce, try living with it.It's a complicated disease and basically in a nut shell his digestive system does not work properly and he cannot eat food. He subsists on a special amino acid formula that tastes horrible and goes back and forth between a feeding tube and drinking it out of a sippy cup. Without this formula, he would die and I am very thankful for it's existence.
Being a Christian family we believe that he is here for a reason, as we all are, and that God has a very special plan for his life.
When we had children we dedicated ourselves to raising them for God and that was our main decision for homeschooling them. I am very fortunate right now that we are in the position that I can stay home with my children and homeschool them. I pray every day that that remains to be the case as time goes on. It has been an economic struggle and sacrifices are many, but I feel that this is where the Lord is leading us at this time. I will be posting about our homeschooling lessons, field trips and funny stories and happenings and I hope it all blesses all who visit..until my next post be well and thank you for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment